I figure at this point Ciate HATES me so I might as well just continue to post DIYs for their overpriced nail art kits. First it was the Caviar manicure, then it was the Velvet manicure and now it’s the Chalkboard manicure. Next month Ciate is releasing a Chalkboard Manicure set that will include a “black chalkboard base”, 3 (mini) nail art pens and a clear top coat.
Well, as you’ve probably already figured out, this is a very simple DIY nail project. As a matter of fact, this didn’t even require a trip to the Michael’s scrapbooking aisle.
For step by step instructions on how to get a chalkboard manicure check below the jump! I’d love to know what you think about Ciate’s latest nail art offering and whether or not you’ll be giving it a try!
- A black (or almost black) nail polish. I used JulieG Black Sheep
- Something to make your designs with. I used striping polishes.
- A matte top coat. I used butter LONDON Matte Finish Shine Free Top Coat.
- Apply a base coat (if you wish) then apply a black polish. Use an extra coat to prevent balding when applying the matte top coat.
- Add any design that you would like. Since this is a chalkboard manicure try to stick to things that would work on a real chalkboard!
- Apply a matte top coat.
And that’s it! Super simple and the results are cute. There’s alot of room for creativity and personalization with this manicure. You can even write your name on your nails just so you don’t forget it!